1. Use students’ name from day 1
Knowing and remembering the names of many students on the first day of school is a challenge for all teachers. However, if teachers can do this, they can close the gap between teachers and students quickly. Therefore, the students will feel really happy and get a great first day experience. Surely you will become a friendly teacher and have a good impression from the beginning with your students.
2. Give them welcome gift to celebrate the first day
Gift giving is a meaningful culture in most countries in the world. The gift is just for sending messages and for daily use. On the first day of school, small and affordable gifts to give to students will create great happiness for them. At the same time, teachers giving gifts will make a big impression on the students.
What gifts are suitable for students on the first day of the new school year?
1. Key chain with meaningful messages: This is a small, but extremely useful gift. Students can use it to go to school events, shop and celebrate. Certainly, they will be very grateful for your gift.
2. Bookmark: Reading is an indispensable activity for students to add their own knowledge. A bookmark that is useful to the children at the library, as well as a gift to encourage them to read more frequently.
3. Contact families to note about first day of school
Regular and close relationships between families and schools are essential to ensure the quality of teaching and learning. Therefore, teachers will help families to trust in the school when they connect to students’ families right from the first day of the new school year. This will be a good start to the discuss students’ lives from the beginning.